3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Joe Preston avatar
(@joe-preston)
Noble Member
Topic starter  
Attachments :

Thought I would share some photos of my new rotisserie I am making. I still need to make the attach brackets, but the hard work is mostly done.
    Joe

John Duncan avatar
    (@john-duncan)
    Estimable Member

That is outstanding. . . .will make working on the wings so much easier!  Thanks for sharing.  

John Duncan

From: greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com on behalf of Joe Preston Joe@Preston-Company.com [greatlakesbiplane]

Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:30 PM
    To: Great Lakes Group
    Subject: [greatlakesbiplane] Rotisserie

Thought I would share some photos of my new rotisserie I am making. I still need to make the attach brackets, but the hard work is mostly done.
    Joe

ReplyQuote
    gtg15751 avatar
    (@gtg15751)
    Reputable Member

Attachments :

these are mine. the crank& wheels from grainger& an elec motor chain is sustitutable. large,thick wall telescoping  tubing fo r posts Crank mount 6x2 angle welded together for frame. Drilled 1x1 pinned to end of rotating tubes bolt to fit airframe or wing using "room door hinges as flex connections( sometimes welding brackets that are then centered to parts with 3/8ths bolts drilled into wingtips serve as mounts. fabric is glued over holes & paint hides smallpuncture "wounds". 5/8bolts extend thru 2" spaced hols to adjust height of telescoped tubes. band saw, miller tig & lathe, 2 day project. I try to have engine mount with a centered angle bolted through Mt holes attached to crank end & centered angle on verticle fin hinge at same centerline as engine mount  to follower end. clamp the two lower frames together with steel angle  or 2x4 for alinement . Rolls right into paint booth.
      Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
      From: Joe Preston Joe@Preston-Company.com [greatlakesbiplane]
      Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2017 18:30
      To: Great Lakes Group
      Reply To: greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [greatlakesbiplane] Rotisserie

Thought I would share some photos of my new rotisserie I am making.. I still need to make the attach brackets, but the hard work is mostly done.
      Joe

ReplyQuote
      Share: