National Biplane Fly-in

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
John Hofmann avatar
(@johnhofmann)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Guys-        I will be attending the National Biplane Fly-in in Junction City, Kansas next weekend June 5/6th.  I would hope everyone would make the effort to attend.  I'm leading an open cockpit Waco and 3 other wing challenged aircraft from Daytona Beach a distance of 1000nm.  Therefore there is no excuse for those of you that live closer.  (This means you - you Creve Couer types!).       Hope you will think about trying to attend.  It is a really good time.       Give a look at nationalbiplaneflyin.com         ----Red GL in N. FLA---- 

John Hofmann avatar
(@johnhofmann)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Jeff, I wish the boss and I could attend, .....someday. You going to formation cross country your way there or send wing challenged scouts ahead? How's the Waco compare in cruise speeds? Keep us in the loop. Look forward to, pics, video, and text. 

Be the wing, Bill

ReplyQuote
gtg15751 avatar
(@gtg15751)
Reputable Member

The Creve Coeur types have been assigned to pick up a FUNK Sat from Coffyville, ks,KCFV. weather permitting. Doug will fly the "Bone" and drop me off. He may then swing by 3JC. I may try to swing by with the Funk time wise for lunch. I just spent 3 weeks at GA04 working on our Ryan STA projects; need to fly a Rangemaster  in KVLL area  soon but really need to catch up on things around 1H0 the Ranger Great Lakes and home oney do's. Hope to see you all there or swing by here for lunch noon Sunday, Al cooks and serves in the main hangar.$7.00 but only one of the entres not one of each or he swats with the spatula! We are also getting ready for the WACO fly in next weekend.gTG[Terry]

ReplyQuote
John Hofmann avatar
(@johnhofmann)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Biplane Fly-in. Fri/Sat. Everybody departing for home or other places on Sun AM. We are headed South to New Orleans. Plan to be here Sat or catch you later. Coffeeville is 130 miles SW of 3JC. 
     ----Jeff---- Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 5, 2015, at 7:51, "gtg15751@yahoo.com [greatlakesbiplane]" <greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The Creve Coeur types have been assigned to pick up a FUNK Sat from Coffyville, ks,KCFV. weather permitting. Doug will fly the "Bone" and drop me off. He may then swing by 3JC. I may try to swing by with the Funk time wise for lunch. I just spent 3 weeks at GA04 working on our Ryan STA projects; need to fly a Rangemaster  in KVLL area  soon but really need to catch up on things around 1H0 the Ranger Great Lakes and home oney do's. Hope to see you all there or swing by here for lunch noon Sunday, Al cooks and serves in the main hangar.$7.00 but only one of the entres not one of each or he swats with the spatula! We are also getting ready for the WACO fly in next weekend.gTG[Terry]

ReplyQuote
gtg15751 avatar
(@gtg15751)
Reputable Member

Will try!
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: Jeff Edwards jeffed6161@hotmail.com [greatlakesbiplane]
Sent: Friday, June 5, 2015 12:54
To: greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com
Reply To: greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [greatlakesbiplane] Re: National Biplane Fly-in

Biplane Fly-in. Fri/Sat. Everybody departing for home or other places on Sun AM. We are headed South to New Orleans. Plan to be here Sat or catch you later. Coffeeville is 130 miles SW of 3JC. 

On Jun 5, 2015, at 7:51, "gtg15751@yahoo.com [greatlakesbiplane]" <greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

ReplyQuote
John Duncan avatar
(@john-duncan)
Estimable Member

I hope to meet all fellow 'Lakers at The National Biplane fly-in on Saturday afternoon.  Unfortunately, I will be driving not flying a Great Lakes.  I have a free GL T shirt for you.   Kindest regards,

JD

On Jun 5, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Jeff Edwards jeffed6161@hotmail.com [greatlakesbiplane] <greatlakesbiplane@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

ReplyQuote
Share: